Typically, new tires from the original equipment manufacturer and high-quality replacement tires can last about 50,000 miles. Drivers can learn more about the life of a tire at INFINITI of Northern Kentucky. We’re also the INFINITI service center you can trust for tire discounts from tire discounters in Fort Wright, Kentucky.
What Factors Affect Tires Life Expectancy?
The questions “how many miles do tires last” and “how many miles should tires last” may have different answers, for a variety of reasons and factors.
- Type of tire: High-performance tires have extra grip but may wear faster than all-season tires, which have less rolling resistance.
- Treadwear rating: Your tires also come with a treadwear rating that rates the life expectancy of the tire treads.
- Drivetrain: Tires wear differently on front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, and all-wheel drive vehicles, because of where the main power for forward motion comes from.
- Road conditions: If you have to drive on gravel or dirt roads regularly, or encounter construction, snow, salt, rain, and ice, your tires will take more of a beating. If you want to use your vehicle for off-roading, this will make a significant difference as well.
- Terrain: If you live in an area with inclines on the roads, more friction on the tires is required to start and stop the vehicle than on flat surfaces.
- Driving habits: Having a lead foot on the gas and brakes will wear out your tires faster than accelerating gradually and letting coasting do some of the braking work.
Tire Care Tips For Long-Lasting Tires
In addition to better, and more cautious driving habits, there are a few things car owners in Florence can do to extend the life of their tires:
- Inspect for proper air pressure when you fill your gas tank, as many gas stations have tire inflation stations.
- Regularly inspect tire tread depth for tire tread wear.
- Rotate your tires for more even distribution of tire wear.
- Take your vehicle in for regularly scheduled maintenance.
Take Care of Your Tires at INFINITI of Northern Kentucky
The experienced technicians at INFINITI of Northern Kentucky are here to answer any additional questions you have about tire care and offer more tips for car owners, like ordering OEM parts, how often to have the oil changed, and more! When you are ready to get new tires in Covington, be sure to check out our parts and service coupons to get a great deal!